Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hair Cut Time

For the past three years I've been involved with two long hair discussion boards. I've finally (and I mean it this time) come to the conclusion that long hair is not for me. I just don't like my hair long, it gets thin and stringy. I don't like wearing it down because it gets in my face and gets caught on things. I don't like the way it looks worn up in a bun or other style. I have a very sensitive scalp and it hurts when I put my hair up. I also look old and tired when it's hanging down and around my face. On the discussion boards they claim that long hair is easier to take care of than short. In my case I would have to disagree. Long hair is a pain, short hair is just wash and wear. So I'm back to my beloved pixie and I'm staying there. I'm not going back to the discussion boards mainly because I'm just not interested in talking about hair. There are some nice folks over there and I guess I could just visit with them but I'd really like to just move on with my life. It's been an interesting three years.

I'm having a great time on Facebook. I have a little farm over there that I'm having a lot of fun working on. I just harvested some corn and strawberries. Planted some more corn and wheat. The rice and the tomatoes aren't ready yet.

I haven't worked on my knitting or any other project in quite a while. I've been spending too much time on the Internet. Now that I've dropped out of two discussion boards I'll have more time. Now what do I want to work on first the sweater or the quilt? Let's see. . .

I think I'll make a pizza after while.

Photo of the day, another view of Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

6 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad you're happy with your decision! I don't go to the hair board much, either. After a while it becomes redundant.

I the farm is fun. No squash bugs, army worms, or blister beetles. I'm trying to decide whether to buy more land or invest in buildings. Whatever shall I do??? ;)

Annie said...

PS: Beautiful Indian Blanket photo!

SchnauzerMom said...

We can buy more land? Cool, I need to look into that.

Autumn Leaves said...

So glad you are enjoying Facebook! It isn't for me as I find it rather hard to figure out. I dropped out of that the other day. I am only on the one hair board and strictly stay in the journals only. Then of course, I've found a few of you friends on your regular blogs so that is nice. Do you know that after almost 50 years, I still haven't found a style that works for my hair? It is just plain yucky to deal with.

SchnauzerMom said...

Sometimes I have been almost tempted to shave my head and buy some wigs. The ancient Egyptians did that.

Annie said...

Ive considered the head-shaving thing, too! Wigs are hot, though. I like short hair, but have too many cow licks to keep short hair in place. I've discovered love in pony tails!

If you click the map, you can go to the real estate office. I plant a lot of grapes to get to higher levels faster. They give you 2 experience points instead of 1, and you can replant every 4 hours, so long as you can harvest during the day! If you hire someone to harvest, you get more coins, and it's way, way easier to harvest someone else's crop.