Monday, June 1, 2009

New Month

It's June already. The year is half over and I feel like I'm just getting started. Oh well, time flies whether you're having fun or not. I still haven't done much on my craft stuff. I have good intentions but so far haven't acted on them. We're on vacation next week so maybe I'll do some things then. Our vacation was scheduled for later in the month but something came up and we had to move it. Can't afford to go anywhere so I guess we'll just rest and relax.

I have a strong tendency to become obsessed over things. For the past three years my hair was an obsession. I'm working on letting go of that. Whether it's long, short or somewhere in between, it's just hair. It's not my identity, it's not who I am. Another obsession is this gluten free diet thing. My doctor said that I might be having trouble digesting certain sugars. But I told him that my problem was gluten. So what medical school did I graduate from, the University of Google? I'm convinced now that gluten is not the problem but rather fructose, especially high fructose corn syrup. That stuff is in everything and it really does a number on my innards. So, will I become obsessed with fructose malabsorption? Boy, I hope not. I'm worn out, I want to just let go and live. Move on with life, ya know?

As usual Sassy wants to go out. I don't think she needs to pee, she just wants to sniff around, chase birds and stuff like that. So, she can wait until I'm done here.

There's a few thunderstorms out there but nothing over us. My flowerbed could use a drink.

We made the mistake of leaving a magazine within Sassy's reach this afternoon. She had a wonderful time shredding it. Fortunately it was an old magazine so no real harm done.

Photo of the day, one of the wildflowers that we saw along Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts upon them, may be compared to a wise man, who built his house upon the rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and burst against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded upon the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not act upon them, will be like a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and burst against that house; and it fell, and great was it's fall.
Matthew 7:24-27

2 comments:

April said...

You're right; this year is almost half over! How did I not notice that?

I agree with you on the high fructose corn syrup. It's nasty stuff and I try to avoid it as much as possible. It's cheap, so they put it in nearly everything.

I don't see you obsessive; you just have interests that you float in and out of. I kinda do the same thing.

Annie said...

Don't completely discount the Univeristy of Google. If you feel better not eating gluten, then don't eat gluten.

Kraft Miracle Whip and mayo products in the new label now have SUGAR and not HFCS! Sure was happy to see that!

My purr-babies will make confetti out of a magazine!