I got enough good peaches off the tree to make a cobbler. It turned out really good. The rest of the peaches are no good. The birds have pecked some of them, others are rotten and still others have bugs in them. When they fall off the tree they splat on the ground. Gross. We've been shaking the tree trying to get them off. There's only a few left up near the top.
Our hunter friend gave us some more wild boar. Three roasts this time. I put one in the crock pot with potatoes, onions and carrots. Even after several hours it was kind of tough, that's because it is so very lean. I'll have to add some kind of fat to the other roasts to try and moisten them. I really like the taste of the meat. Doesn't take like pork to me, more like beef.
Photo of the day, another flower that we saw along Medicine Creek.

Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29-31
5 comments:
LOL I am not surprised. Do you have any photos of your hair at waist length? I don't think I've even seen a pic of your hair that long! I wonder if mine will ever hit waist...hmmm...
I was 21 years old at the time and the only photo I have doesn't show the length.
I'm the same way about letting the grey grow out. I go for months and then get a notion and color.
As long as you can live with your choices it's not a problem. After all we women can change our minds as we see fit. :)
Thanks Aunt Jo, there's nothing wrong with changing our minds.
I had to chuckle. I've done the same thing!
We had some deer once that I smoked for, oh, three days before it was edible. Once I cooked it to pieces, it was really good!
Post a Comment