Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy 20th Anniversary

to me, yep, DH and I were married 20 years ago today. I wish we could go out and celebrate but we had to work and finances are tight this week so we probably won't eat out either. Might go to Braum's though. The past 20 years went by really fast, but then time seems to be speeding up anyway. We've had some rough times and some good times. Most of the rough times were due to his being bi-polar and we didn't know about it. It's just been the last few years that he has been getting medication for it. There have been times when I wanted to beat the living daylights out of him but I held back. I'm glad I married him, he's the pick of the litter, the cream of the crop.

The peaches on our tree are getting rotten, they are so high up we can't reach them. DH took a stick the other day and knocked some of them down. Others are falling off every so often. I kept a few that looked good. I tasted one this morning and it was really bland, no taste at all. I'll try another one before I decide whether or not to keep them. It's kind of sad that if I want to make a peach cobbler I'll probably have to buy the peaches. I guess fruit trees need tender, loving care. This one gets none. It was there before we moved in. It looks pretty pathetic.

The day lilies are blooming like crazy. The daffodils have done nothing. The petunias look pretty bad, some have died. The other little plants, whatever they're called, still look OK. I have a big blank spot in the bed that I'd like to plant something in. Probably should just put an iris there since they seem to be almost the only thing that can live there.

My hair cut didn't turn out like I wanted. I went in twice. The first time on Friday evening, I had her just trim a little off. When I got home I decided that I really didn't like that. The next day I went back to have her cut it into a pixie, I even showed her a photo. What I got isn't a pixie, not sure what you'd call it. It's not terrible, I don't need to hide under a paper sack or anything. But it's not what I wanted either. That's the thing that I always hated about going to a hairdresser, you can't be really sure what you'll end up with and then you have to live with it for a while. I could go somewhere else and have it trimmed properly but I'm tired of that right now, I think I'll just wait a few weeks.

I'm at level 8 on FarmTown now. Moving on up.

Photo of the day, more flowers growing alongside Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 10:28

6 comments:

Annie said...

I got an awesome haircut one time, except the hairdresser kept the phone cradled on her shoulder while she cut, and my hair was slanted in direction her head was tipped!

Aunt Jo said...

Happy Anniversary!

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations on 20 years of marriage! It is amazing how fast the years go by, isn't it? I hope you can get that haircut shaped the way you want it! I wonder why the peaches aren't very good?

April said...

Happy 20-Year Anniversary to the two of you! :) I hope you have a wonderful evening together. :)

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks everyone!

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary! The peaches might be okay cooked up with a little sugar or sweetener and used in desserts. I've done this with fruit that's not been that great to eat on its own so I wouldn't go throwing them out yet but try cooking them up first. You can always freeze them to use later if you don't want them just yet. Or you could try adding some other fruit with them - maybe apple or pear to add more flavour.