Broiling hot today, tomorrow, the next day. My garden is trying to survive, the iris are on their own. I have a Black-eyed Susan that a neighbor gave me. It is a very needy plant, needs lots of water. It's got a few buds on it, I'm interested in seeing what they look like. My day lilies bloomed like crazy and now they're through. My cactus had a couple blooms on it, now they're gone. The petunias died out along with the daffodils. Maybe the daffodils will do something next year. We don't water the lawn, it's mostly weeds anyway. Besides, if you water it, it grows and you have to mow more often.
Photos of the day, these were taken last year but the plants looked similar this year.
First the cactus:

Then the day lilies:

For nothing will be impossible with God.
Luke 1:37
4 comments:
I think your heat has finally landed here as well. Thank God for the indoors and air conditioning!
Wow! That is HOT! I can't imagine it being that hot day after day! SM,there's nothing wrong at all with carrying around an umbrella. People here do it all the time, it's normal and we very rarely reach the temperatures that you guys get.
The "Real Feel" for Beggs yesterday was 108.
My ex-person had a non-printable name he loved to call people who were afraid to make left turns. You aren't the only one frustrated by them!
I had to laugh at your comment about the person needing 3 miles of clear road to turn left :). Lol! Wow, you are really getting a heat wave. It is hot here too. Today was almost 100. I guess summer has officially arrived!
Post a Comment