Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vacation Day

We get a month's vacation time every year. That's one of the things that helps me keep going in this job. It's a very physical job and very tiring. We have no other benefits, no insurance, no retirement, so the vacation time is great. Today we went south to Wichita Falls to Lucy Park. That is a gorgeous park and it's where the Falls are located. Sassy has never been there until now. It was very hot and very humid. Sassy and I suffered from the heat but obviously we survived.

We managed to stay in bed until almost 7:00 before Sassy had to go out. It was an all around pleasant day.

I made us a dessert with chocolate chips and pecans. Got the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Photos of the day. Here are three photos of the Falls of Wichita Falls.

Steps to Falls

Steps to Falls

The Falls

By the time we made it to the Falls I was just about ready to go sit under the waterfall. Didn't do it though.

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I lived in Wichita Falls, TX, for almost a year. I never did see the falls! How nice to have a month off of work! It would be what kept me going too...

Daisy said...

That looks like a very beautiful park! I'm glad that you had a nice vacation day. We all need time out from our daily routines every now and again. It still hasn't gotten very hot here yet, the weather mainly stays in the mid to high 60's. We still need our jackets in the mornings.