I spoke too soon when I said that wheat doesn't bother me. It's bothering me. I was hoping that just cutting back on sugar would help but it's not enough. I was gluten free all day today and yesterday and I can tell the difference. Still need to cut out or at least cut back on the sugar, especially HFCS, dried fruit and chicory root. Actually the dried fruit and chicory root are things that I'll avoid altogether. I did some research on fructose malabsorption and learned that wheat should be cut back on because of something called fructan, that's what chicory root is too. I'm supposed to be able to eat barley and rye. I don't know about the rye (don't like it) but I can't tolerate barley, it doesn't agree with me at all. So back to the gluten free diet. Dh is not joining me this time. He'll eat some of the things I make if they taste good enough. I made a casserole with pasta made from quinoa, it tastes really good, he even liked it. I was going to make some cookies but I think I'll wait. I still have some pudding to eat. No HFCS in any of this.
I really need to do some housework but just can't get inspired. Maybe later.
Photo of the day, this is a photo taken last year of my Sweet William. It didn't do very well this year.

It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
Luke 5:31-32
2 comments:
Those are some mighty pretty flowers! 106??? Eek. We've been in the 90's and I can't stand it! I really should move to Maine. Wish I could pack up the kids and M and just go for it. Sigh... So sorry to hear of the diet woes though. Wish I had some advice but alas, I am the last person to do that. Hope your stomach feels better today.
My stomach is fine as long as I stay away from gluten and certain kinds of sugars.
Post a Comment