Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gluten Free

I have DH talked into try the gluten free diet for at least a month. He has a lot of the same problems that I do and I really believe it would help him a lot. It's going to be difficult though because he just loves breads and baked goods. Gluten free flour is an acquired taste but he can acquire it if it makes him feel better. He has eaten gluten free pasta several times and likes it as long as it's covered with pasta sauce. He also eats my gluten free cakes and cookies, so he'll make it.

Another beautiful day today. I think the temp was in the low 80's.

We've been eating out way to often lately, spending too much so we're cutting back to just special occasions. Besides, it's hard to be strictly gluten free when eating out.

Our 20th wedding anniversary is on June 2 and the other day my brother gave us $100 as a gift. Still haven't decided what to spend it on.

I haven't worked on any crafts in a couple of weeks. Time to get with it again.

We found someone to mow my FIL's lawn. Our associate pastor's son has taken up mowing lawns as a second job. I think he'll do a good job. It never dawned on me to get a boy scout to do it, oh well.

Photo of the day, a nice old-fashioned windmill. You don't see very many of these anymore. My grandparents had one on their farm that pumped water for the house. Water pressure was lousy.

Photobucket

Pray, then, in this way:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen.
Matthew 6:9-13

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a nice anniversary gift!

We eat out too much, too. Lately I've been steering everyone toward the dollar menu at McDonald's rather than sit-down restaurants where we spend $$$$!

Had I not been a Scout mom, I wouldn't have thought of that, either!

Jules said...

I popped over to your blog and was surprised at all the new posts. They've not been showing up on my dashboard. Well at least I don't think they are. Hope DH adjusts to the gluten free diet. Being on a yeast-and-sugar-free diet has its challenges (do you know that there's yeast in a lot of potato chippies - I think you call them crisps?) and I imagine that you face similar ones. But it's all for the better.

BTW, your blog is not boring (referring to a recent comment you left on my blog in case other readers think I'm being rude). We are all different and our blogs reflect that.

Blessings, Jules

Autumn Leaves said...

I still see some of those old windmills out here too. I'm thinking that they are more decorative than useful these days, but still...A bit of a bygone farmers' tool, for sure. I love seeing them. So glad you got your DH on the gluten-free wagon. Good luck!

April said...

Good luck to your hubby on switching to gluten-free for a month. It's hard changing our diets, but maybe he'll feel so much better he won't mind!

I love the windmill. We want one like that for aerating our big pond.

SchnauzerMom said...

Dh was getting a little frustrated today about the gluten free thing. I made some spaghetti and that helped him a lot.

Unknown said...

That is awesome that he agreed to go gluten free with you! That has to make things easier for you. My hubby is still eating gluten, but eats what I make him for dinner, which is always gluten free.

What a great anniversary gift! I hope you have fun spending it :).