Sunday, May 24, 2009

Block Party

My church had a block party for the neighborhood and anyone else who wanted to come. I have no idea how many people came, last year we had about 1300. We had inflatables for kids to jump on, a fire truck, pony ride and petting zoo, also hot dogs and soda. We got it all cleaned up and ready for vacation bible school by 9:00 pm. We're off tomorrow, ya. It rained all night last night and we were afraid it would rain on the block party but it didn't.

I'm going to sleep in as long as Sassy will allow. We usually make it to at least 7:30 before she decides she needs to go out. I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow, it would be nice to go out to the Refuge. We'll see.

My daylilies have a bunch of buds on them, there will be lots of blooms soon. So far nothing from the daffodils, maybe next year.

Photo of the day, a nice picture of rocks.



Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

Annie said...

I just mowed my daffodils down last week. It was a little early since all the leaves hadn't died back, but I won't be here next year to see them, so it didn't matter.

It was kinda sad.

I'll be taking a bucket of bulbs with me when we move.

SchnauzerMom said...

At least you can take some with you. Maybe mine will bloom next year.

Autumn Leaves said...

That is a really nice photo of the rocks; I'm drawn because of the colors, believe it or not. So glad to hear that the block party was successful. Hope you had a good time before you had to clean up?

SchnauzerMom said...

We did have a little fun at the block party.