Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunshine

It has been cloudy for several days and this afternoon the sun finally came out. It was hot and humid, a good day to stay in under the AC.

Today was a pretty good day, got lots of work done. Didn't overeat, I'm determined to lose weight. If I'd listen to my stomach I'd never overeat. My stomach doesn't like to be stuffed, she doesn't like food stuffed into her when she's still trying to process the previous meal. She wants to be empty and then receive just enough to take care of the hunger. Now the mouth on the other hand wants to eat for the sake of eating. If something tastes good, eat it all. The mouth has no self discipline. The stomach has a way of punishing the whole body for the indiscretions of the mouth. Well the brain has decided that we will listen to the stomach because we don't like the stuffed bloated feeling that is the result of overeating.

I haven't practised on the keyboard in quite a while, need to get back into it. It makes my hands hurt but I think I'm just holding my hands to tensely, need to lighten up.

Photo of the day, Sassy in the sun.

Photobucket

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
Habakkuk 2:14

5 comments:

Annie said...

When you figure out how to MAKE the mouth listen, please let me know! Mine is very, very unruly!!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Can you send your brain over here to make my mouth and brain get it too? Sigh... And no...I wasn't on any medications when the weight just suddenly began piling on. Then I was on meds in 2005 and just recently got off of them. I'm hoping that the weight will start coming off now that I'm not on them but so far that is also a no go. We're dumping rain here today...

Unknown said...

I hope the weight loss is going well! It sounds like you have your mind really set on it, so with that kind of mindset you will do it!!

SchnauzerMom said...

My stomach makes my mouth listen. It does it by getting very upset, acid reflux and all that.

Daisy said...

It's those tiny little taste buds SM. They are tiny but oh so powerful! They just want to taste and taste and taste!