Monday, March 30, 2009

Warm Day

The high got up into the mid 80's. Felt very summery. Now a cold front is coming through and I guess the temp tomorrow will be in the 60's. I think there is a possibility of severe weather east of us. Humidity is really low and fire danger is high.

There is a funeral tomorrow at the church. I knew the lady but I wouldn't go so far as to call her a friend, acquaintance is a better word. DH wanted to go to the funeral home to see her and sign the visitor's book. I went but I really don't care much for looking at dead people. She died of cancer and in spite of all the work they did on her it just didn't look like her. DH used to work at a funeral home and he watched them embalm people. No way would I do that.

I've been gluten free for 2 days now, feeling much better. I think I'll make some cookies to take to work to snack on.

As usual Sassy wants to go, always does when I'm posting to this blog.

Photo of the day, a new one of Sassy.

Photobucket

It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Isaiah 65:24

6 comments:

Annie said...

Today was beautiful with the exception of the 800 mph winds.

Lucky always wants in my lap when I'm playing on the computer.

Jules said...

I'm having trouble posting on your blog so I'm going to leave a comment here for a post further down the page. You said a few days ago that you were dropping the gluten-free diet because you didn't want to make yourself into an invalid. In this post I noticed that you said you're picking it up again. I know that eating this way is hard to maintain, but if it makes you feel better then surely it's worth it. Perhaps it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I'm on a yeast and sugar-free diet, but I find I can eat some of each if I'm really careful (not usually both at the same time). Cakes and biscuits are out, but I can tolerate a small amount of home-made raisin bread, or a savoury muffin that has little or no sugar. It's just finding what works. And I always know if I've gone too far - I pay for it for a few days. I just hope you can find a balance that you can live with - one that makes you feel better but at the same time doesn't make you a slave to the kitchen. Blessings, Jules.

Autumn Leaves said...

That Sassy! Such a brazen hussy! LOL I'm not fond of viewings myself. I hate going, in fact. And then just morbid curiosity sends me to the front when it is the last place I want to be. Do tell me that I am remembering your first name, correctly, darlin'. I mostly just see the LHC name SchnauzerMom, but I do recall a pm or two with your real name there. Would me mortified to know I've been calling you the wrong first name!! LOL

SchnauzerMom said...

AutumnLeaves, my first name is Kathy.

Jules, gluten free is the way to go for me, it has to be all or nothing because even a little bit causes problems. I just need to accept that fact.

Annie, the winds have been pretty rough lately haven't they?

Autumn Leaves said...

Well, now how embarassing is that! You must have thought I was nuts. Where on earth did I get the "Pat" from??? (Hides head)

SchnauzerMom said...

AutumnLeaves, I wasn't offended, I just wondered who Pat was.