of vacation. This morning Dh wanted to go somewhere, anywhere. So we loaded up Sassy and our cameras and went east. DH has never been to Turner Falls and I was only there once nearly 30 years ago. Unfortunately we didn't find out until after we had forked over nearly 8 bucks that pets weren't allowed. We didn't want to leave Sassy in the car while we walked to see the Falls so we'll come back some other time. We did take a drive through Falls Creek Youth Camp. It's been about 20 years since I've been there. It's not just a youth camp they also have retreats for adults too. It looked like a regular city, lots of cabins everywhere. It's located in some very pretty country. Don't ask me why I didn't take photos, I just didn't. Maybe we'll not wait 20 years before going back. We were on I35 and decided what the heck we'll just go up to Oklahoma City. We got as far as Paul's Valley when I realized that we would probably hit the City during the rush hour. Rush hour in OKC is no fun, I've driven through it before and survived but this time I decided to turn off. So we went west from Paul's Valley and ended up in Chickasha, then straight home. The temp was in the upper 80's with a pretty good south wind. Very nice though. Used about 1/2 a tank of gas. But hey, we're on vacation. I did get a couple of photos when we left Falls Creek. I'll post them later if they came out OK.
Sassy is all worn out. She didn't get her 4 hour nap today. She hates to ride in the car but I think she needs to get used to it anyway. She needs to learn that it's a good thing not a bad thing. I think she did enjoy getting out every now and then and sniffing around. She's passed out on the couch right now.
I think when I get done here I'll go bang around on the keyboard a while.
Photo of the day: Sassafras Sue, we've had her almost 6 months now. Almost half her life.
Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.Isaiah 40:31
1 comment:
Gosh! Where does the time go? It just doesn't seem like it has been 6 mos. already! She is just such a cutie pie. Our boys go everywhere with us too. Not always fun, but most of the time it is!
Post a Comment