Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my job. So many people are losing theirs in this bad economy.

It was really warm today. I didn't watch the weather report but it must have been up around 90, maybe even over. I was going to wear either shorts or a skirt today but that would have meant shaving my legs and last night I just didn't feel like doing that. So they're still hairy.

Sassy let us sleep until 7:30 this morning. Then we did our usual shopping at Wally World. Just the basic things are getting more and more expensive. We went to Goodwill and DH got some exercise shorts to wear to the gym. Then we went to the dentist and made an appointment for DH to get a tooth fixed. Took the last of our refund money and bought a keyboard. DH and I have always wanted to learn to play the piano and you can teach yourself on this thing. So very cool! I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Last we took Sassy to have her toenails cut. She also got a new bone to chew on (Nylabone not a real one). The only time Sassy was in the car was near the end of our trips but she still got really overheated. I had to turn the car's AC on to cool her off. She loves cold weather. She's gonna have a rough time this summer.

I found a diet on the American Heart Association web-page and I've only been following it a couple of days and have already lost 2 pounds. It's not a severe diet it's just mostly following the Food Pyramid guidelines, a certain number of fruits and veggies, a certain number of bread servings and so on. We've decided that once a week on Thursdays we'll allow ourselves to have whatever we want. We eat out and we have a dessert of some kind. I've given up soft drinks and candy and I'm not eating any sweets the rest of the week. Grim determination to lose this weight and keep it off. That's the key, keeping it off. I'll stay on this diet the rest of my life not just until I lose the weight.

Photo of the day, cactus blooms from a couple years ago. I hope it blooms this year.

Photobucket

The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in Thee. Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.
Isaiah 26:3-4

3 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Schnauzermom! So you're joining the get healthy movement, too! Yay!

Daisy said...

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday! Have fun with your keyboard! And congrats at loosing the 2 pounds already! Ninety degress ... woowweee! Shave those legs ..heehee!

Unknown said...

I too am thankful about the job. My husband has a good, stable job and I am so thankful for that!

That cactus is so beautiful!