Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cold Day

It was downright hot the other day. Then a cold front came through last night and it's been windy and cold all day. It's not bone chilling cold or pipe busting cold but compared to the other day when it was 90 it's pretty cold.

I'm pooped. We're on vacation next week and I'm looking forward to it even if we can't afford to go anywhere. For a while there I though we would have to cancel our vacation. Yesterday one of our co-workers had extreme pain in his left ankle and went to the emergency room. They took all kinds of tests and determined that it's arthritis. I was afraid he would have to stay off his feet for a week or two but he doesn't. He's got pain medication for it. I know about pain, both feet have been hurting the last few days. They're a little better now, I guess the cold front approaching had something to do it.

Our other co-worker is going to have surgery in a couple of weeks to have his stomach stapled. He weighs over 400 pounds. I hope it works for him but I've heard that you can stretch your stomach back out if you don't control your eating and he seems to have very little control. He has no insurance and can't possibly pay for the surgery. His mother has decided to take him all the way to India for the surgery. There it will cost $10,000. She has taken a loan out to pay for it and he will pay her back. I'm pretty sure she will die of old age before she gets paid back.

I'm still having a lot of fun on the keyboard.

Photo of the day, a new one of Sassy. She is chewing on her favorite toy, a Nylabone.

Photobucket

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; He will save us.
Isaiah 33:22

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Now I didn't know you had a blog, darlin'. But sigh...I found you AND that sweet Sassy girl!!!

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad you found us!