Friday, March 13, 2009

Another

Cold day! Yesterday the wind calmed down some and it was tolerable but today the wind has started up again and it cuts through like a knife. Walking Sassy is tough. I'm ready for warm weather. Of course in August I'll be griping and complaining about being hot.

I missed Thankful Thursday but I am thankful for the moisture that we got yesterday. My flowerbeds got a drink, I don't have to water them for a while.

We're on vacation next week and I'm really looking forward to it. DH wants to go somewhere but it costs money to go and we don't have much. Personally I'd just like to sleep late everyday and just do things around the house. Maybe go out to the Refuge and see if any wildflowers are blooming. We could go up to the City and visit some museums.

I got the bill for my blood work. Ouch! They charge a lot to tell you that you're in good health except for cholesterol. Oh well, they'll just have to take payments.

I'm having a lot of fun on my keyboard. I'm getting to the point where I can recognize the notes without the little c's, e's and so forth written on them.

Photo of the day, another one of Sassy playing with her toy.

Photobucket

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.
Isaiah 40:8

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Well thanks so much for finding me, my friend. You know how much I love hearing about Sassy! I also hope you and your husband find ways to have a lovely time away from work. A breather is always refreshing...unless you are just going to do more work...Have fun, I say!

Annie said...

When I scrolled down the page, I first thought Sassy was laying on the couch with a bottle in her mouth!

When Laurel got her walking casts, they told me that, worst case, I'd have to pay $125. I can handle that. She forgot to tell me that each! I wouldn't know how to act if I didn't have a doctor bill to pay on! ;)

April said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation; sleeping late sure sounds good to me... and then puttering around the house.

I can relate to your bloodwork bill. I am awaiting my 24-hour hospital stay! Oh, it's going to be ugly.

Your keyboard sounds like a lot of fun. I used to play the piano many years ago and would probably like playing with one too.

Have a great weekend - and vacation next week, Kathryn!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks. I intend to enjoy this vacation even if we don't go anywhere.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, and I hope it warms up for you!

Daisy said...

Enjoy your week off SM!! I hope you are blessed with beautiful weather!