Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Three

of vacation. We decided to go to Anadarko and see some of the museums and an art gallery. We would have been gone too long to leave Sassy home alone and it was too warm to leave her in the car so we took her to the vet's. They board animals and they kept her for the few hours that we were gone. They didn't charge us anything. I don't know if she liked it or not but it was better than the alternative. Anyway we had a good time in Anadarko looking at the two Native American museums and the Pioneer museum. Only one allowed photographs. That one had a bunch of sculptures of Indian heroes, male and female. I took a bunch of photos but I'll only post 3, they are representative of the whole bunch. Don't ask me who they are I didn't write down the names. The other Indian museum had a bunch of displays of the different clothes that some of the tribes wore. The pioneer museum had the usual pioneer stuff, very interesting though. The art gallery had tons of paintings, sculpture and some jewelry by Native Americans. Everything out of our price range though.

The weather was windy and very warm in the upper 80's. I think a cold front is supposed to come through later tonight.

Photos of the day. The first three were taken yesterday just outside Falls Creek Youth Camp.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next three were taken at the Native American museum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

How awesome that your vet kept Sassy for you! What a way to get a repeat customer too!

It looks like you had fun and I love these types of things. I especially love the pics of the spring time flowers! We don't even have tree buds, yet. Soon though, I suspect!

Daisy said...

Nice pictures SM! That was very nice of the vet to keep Sassy with no charge!