Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for the beautiful weather we've had for the last couple of days. Of course that's fixin to change tomorrow. Winter is going to slap us one more time. I hope my plants survive it. The northwest part of the state is supposed to get a foot of snow. We haven't had that much snow where I live since the early 1980's. The snow then pretty much paralyzed the city. I'm also very thankful for my job even though I gripe about it. So many people don't have jobs. I have to admit I get plenty of exercise. I'm probably in better shape than our secretaries. Hee hee.

Thursday is our day off and our one day a week when we eat out. We ate breakfast at IHop, we haven't been there in almost 30 years. They served us enough food for 4 people. I always take the leftovers home. We'll both get a couple more meals out of the leftovers. We ate lunch at a Mexican place, Los Tres Amigos. That's the first time we've ever been there. The food was really good and once again you could have fed 4 people. We'll both get a couple more meals out of this too. We're on a quest to visit every restaurant in town. Thursday is the day to do that. So far there are 2 places that we won't go back. The other places have been excellent. The most that we have spent is about $20 and with the leftovers that buys us more than one meal. I'm really enjoying our little project.

It was chilly and foggy this morning but Sassy got a couple good walks anyway.

DH went to the gym for a while and I spent about an hour practising on the keyboard. Later I think I'll do some sketching.

Gee on the TV it says winter weather advisory, winter storm warning, winter storm watch and strong thunderstorm. I guess things are going to get exciting later.

I had a couple pair of jeans that were too short, flapping around the ankles. So I cut them off to knee length and I'll wear them to work in the summer.

Photo of the day, a storm photo taken last year.

Photobucket

Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke?
Isaiah 58:6

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Hope the storm is enjoyed from within your cozy home, darlin'. And I hope the snow stays away and surely doesn't make its way here! I love going out for breakfast more than any other meal, I think. Haven't done it in awhile either. Ah well...

Annie said...

We might get "up to" 4 inches of snow. I'm not holding my breath! Those guaranteed-snow forecasts usually fall apart.

SchnauzerMom said...

I think snow would be very nice but only if I get to stay home.