Monday, March 2, 2009

Cholesterol

Went in for my check up today. Everything is normal except my cholesterol. The doc said it was horrendous (I believe that was his exact wording). The total is 308 with the bad cholesterol at 200 and the triglycerides over 300. Not good, not good at all. So now I'm on medicine to lower it. DH has his pill collection and now I'm starting one.

My hair grew 1/2 inch last month, nice progress.

Sassy always wants to go out when I'm trying to post to this blog. Hopefully she can wait a little while longer.

The weather was a tad warmer today although the wind is still chilly. I wish we could get some rain otherwise I'll need to start watering the flowerbed.

Photo of the day, Elmer Thomas Lake.

Photobucket

And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy will lead them. Also the cow and the bear will graze; their young will lie down together; and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and the nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den. They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:6-9

4 comments:

Annie said...

I won't let 'em put me on the cholesterol drugs. I'm fixin' to get ready to address it through diet, exercise, and supplements. Been fixin' to get ready to do that for about, oh, ten years or so! :(

It was nice today, wasn't it?

SchnauzerMom said...

Yes it was nice! I've known about the cholesterol for about 10 years, been hiding my head in the sand so to speak.

Unknown said...

Have you ever tried fish oil before? My mom is very anti-vitamin, but she decided to give fish oil a try for her high cholesterol. She said it dropped it almost 50 points! I just thought I would mention it. If you do decide to try it, there are 2 health food store brands that are good, and have the most purity. One is Carlsons, and the other is Nordic Naturals.

SchnauzerMom said...

Jen, I've been taking fish oil for several weeks. So far it hasn't helped but I'm going to keep taking it. It might start helping soon. Thanks for that information I might try one of those brands. The one I take now I get at Walmart.