Saturday, June 28, 2008

Last Day

of vacation, wah! We drove out to Medicine Park to look in some of the artist's shops there and found out they don't open until 11:00. We were way too early so we walked around a little and decided to go to Duncan and see the museum there. It's small but a really nice place, very informative. They had some sculpture and paintings there too. Looking at all these paintings on Thursday and today makes me want to get my stuff out. I think I said that already, but I haven't done it yet.

I did finally put some plants in the bare spot in the flower bed. I hope they survive. The flowers that Herbal Annie sent me croaked. But they are bulbs so I'll leave them there, maybe they'll come out next year.

For a while it looked like we were going to get some rain but it moved south of us.

I'm suffering from dog withdrawal here. I need something to pet. I guess I could scratch DH behind the ears. Scruffy story, the first time she saw snow she was shocked by it. She refused to relieve herself on it, she kept wanting to go back into the house. I had to make her stay out and take care of business. After that she had no problem with it.

I think I'll make some chili then we can alternate between that and the pot roast that I made the other day.

Photos of the day, more from the Gardens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if your hubby would enjoy you scratching him behind the ears? LOL. Do you think you will wait long to get another dog?

SchnauzerMom said...

I think he would enjoy it. LOL. I'm not sure how long we will wait. Because of DH's allergies we're limited to schnauzers, poodles or possibly chihuahuas. No mixed breeds.