Monday, June 30, 2008

First Day

back at work. It wasn't a hard day, I took my time. They finally started working on closing in the bird sanctuary. They chased all the pigeons out on Saturday and put netting up. But they didn't put the net all the way to the ground so now there are about 13 pigeons back in there again. The problem is they can't figure out how to get out. They keep flying toward the net and then turn away. They'll have to chase them out again and then anchor the net to a makeshift wall that they are supposed to build.

Our big 4th of July celebration will be Friday (of course). We're going in with another church to host a celebration for the whole city. All kinds of activities, games for children, food, music, a preacher, sky divers and finishing up with fireworks. We're praying for 500+ people to accept Christ during this time. There's a 20 percent chance of rain. Hopefully it will wait until things are over.

Scruffy story, we were packing up to move and I had a package of rawhide strips that apparently was open and lying on the floor. I happened to look around and noticed that Scruffy had brought several of them into the room I was in and was preparing to start eating them all. I gathered them up and put them back in the package. She could have one not all. She always had to be in the same room that I was in. She followed me around all the time.

Photos of the day, the first is a sculpture outside at the Myriad Gardens.

Photobucket

Not sure what kind of tree this is but the leaves were so huge.

Photobucket

A sculpture outside the Gardens.

Photobucket

2 comments:

April said...

Your Scruffy story made me smile. :) She knew what she liked, didn't she?

The plants and flowers you have been posting are so beautiful!

SchnauzerMom said...

Scruffy definitely had a mind of her own.