never, never argue with God. When He tells you to do something just do it. If you are a Christian than God is your Father and a loving Father always loves His children and won't allow them to misbehave for very long. I have spent the last several months arguing with the Lord. He told me to stay in the Children's Division in Sunday School and work with kids but I decided to leave and go back to an adult class. Also, I haven't been reading or studying my Bible or praying like I should. The main way that the Lord communicates with us is through His Word and prayer. Jesus said that He is the Bread of Life and Living Water. If we're not studying and praying then we're starving ourselves. That's what I have been doing, starving myself. I was being lazy. It takes time and effort to do these things, it's inconvenient. But vitally important. Our Father takes us to the woodshed when we don't behave and I've been to the woodshed. Usually when I'm out there in the wilderness misbehaving I do things that I regret, like throw away things that I end up going out and buying again, cutting my hair when I really want to grow it out, deleting blogs when I really want to keep them. When I do these things there is usually a little voice in my head that suggests that I stop and think first but I ignore it and then regret it later. I'm learning to listen to that voice. I'm a slow learner. I'm bullheaded and stubborn. I was having a lot of problems the past few weeks and finally DH asked me if I was resisting God on something, bingo! So, I'm going back to the First Grade, I'm determined to study my Bible and pray more. These are habits that I'm working on to establish. I think I can still get on the Internet but don't spend hours on there just looking around. There are some good Bible study sites out there, some good, helpful places. It's a matter of self control (what me, self control?) So here we go again.
Scruffy seems to be doing really well. I took her off all medications, they seem to be upsetting her stomach. They were supposed to help her with joint pain but she doesn't seem to be in much pain. Last night she even wanted to play a little. She does have all the signs of aging, bad eyesight, poor hearing and so on, but then so do I. She gets around better than I do.
DH is staying in the adult Sunday School area. It's kind of scary for me because I've always had him there to depend on. But, he needs to do what the Lord wants him to do. His spiritual gift is teaching and he is a great teacher. There are departments that need teachers so he's looking into it. The pastor recommended a place for him teaching people in their early 30's. DH is 55 so maybe he could be like a mentor to them.
No photo of the day today. I'm revising Photo Bucket, getting rid of photos that don't mean all that much to me. I need to add some new ones.
2 comments:
I'm glad to see you Kathryn. And I am happy that you are back on the right track for you and paying attention to God more in the ways that are important. :) It's hard to do that sometimes, I know. Being stubborn doesn't help - lol! I am stubborn too and resist a lot of things I probably shouldn't and go after things I probably shouldn't either. We are all souls "in the works" and the struggle is part of the process, I think.
I'm glad to hear that Her Highness, Scruffy, is doing well. Give her a big ol' hug for me. :)
Thanks for your comments!
Post a Comment