We had the day off today and it was a good one. We drove around putting up posters for the big 4th of July thing, then went shopping and took DH's parents out to lunch to celebrate Father's Day since we couldn't do it on Sunday. Spent the rest of the afternoon at home. I decided to finish knitting my sweater, I had set it aside because of arthritis in my thumbs, but that's going to be there no matter what and I put too much work into it to stop now.
We had a nice rain shower early this morning and there is a lot of severe weather southwest of us but it's not coming our way.
I have a big empty place in my flower bed and I keep saying I want to put something there but never get around to it. Maybe I'll get something in it before the summer is over.
Photo of the day, I've had this flower for several years, this is how it looked a few weeks ago.
4 comments:
Shame about the arthritis. My mother has rhuematoid arthritis and there are times when she can only knit one or two rows a day and then she puts it aside until she feels she can pick it up again. We've both found that circular needles take a lot of the weight off the hands and wrist.
I'm knitting a jumper (sweater) that I started 10 years or more ago. I have completely undone it because I decided I didn't like the pattern but it's still not finished (almost!). Since I usually only knit when in the car on long journeys, it's taking a while to get done.
I'm sure yours will be lovely when you've finished.
BTW, are we going to see some of your wonderful paintings on your blog in the near future?
Hi, SM! Thanks for doing Thankful Thursday with me.
What kind of flower is that? It's very pretty!hufmfp
The flower is called a Sweet William, that's my DH's name, William, not Sweet.
What beautiful flowers. That is one of my mom's favorites. I don't know if I have ever seen pink ones before!
Post a Comment