Once again we're working on a Saturday afternoon waiting for a wedding and reception to be over so we can clean it up. The groom is a man that we have known for years. I don't count him as a friend though more of an acquaintance. He had been married several times. He has a very bad temper and can be abusive. He lives down in Texas now and met his wife there. I haven't seen him in a long time. I can only hope for her sake that he has changed. That's possible, people do change. It wouldn't have done any good to try and talk her out of it. We tried to talk his last wife out of it but she was too "in love" and didn't believe what we we're trying to tell her. He can be very sweet and charming before the wedding. It's afterward that things get rough. But like I said maybe he's changed.
I've got my Sunday School room ready to go. I think I'll act out the story. It's the one about Elijah and Queen Jezebel. I'll be Jezebel and I'm going to see if Josh (one of my teachers) would be willing to be Elijah. I'll chase him around the room, he'll escape of course and end up out in the desert. Then 2 of the kids could pretend to be angels and bring him food and water. We'll see how it works out.
It's very hot out there, if it's this hot in June what is August going to be like? A few weeks ago I was griping about the cold. Oh well, are we ever satisfied? Not this side of Heaven.
Photo of the day, a turtle catching some rays.
4 comments:
The children will love their lesson SM! When I teach at times I act the whole story out with props and everything if I can. The children like the action and like to be involved and picked to play a part. I always work a treat in there somewhere too. :o)
Love the photo of the turtle. Like you, I hope this man has changed - for his wife's sake.
BTW, I'd be honoured to have you post a link to my blog. Thanks for asking.
Thanks!
Post a Comment