Friday, June 20, 2008

Pooped

But not worn out. I still might get ambitious and make something with the shredded carrots that I had left over from the carrot cake I made a while back. I have some chocolate chips, everything is better with chocolate chips (well, almost everything). Maybe a carrot/chocolate chip bread.

Hot and humid today, no rain in sight, at least not yet.

I started giving Scruffy the pain pills again. This time they didn't upset her stomach. She seems to be feeling pretty frisky. I wonder if those pills would work on me.

Next week a group of kids and adults will go away to camp. I'm on vacation next week but there's no way I would spend it at a kid's camp unless I could have 2 weeks off. One week for camp and another week to recover from camp.

I've been confining my sugar/chocolate eating to meals and not between meals. I think that has helped me not feel so wired. I think I must be a sugar sensitive person. I tend to eat sweets all day long, hoping somehow they'll give me some energy. It usually has the opposite effect. I posted a link to a site called Radiant Recovery in my list of places I hang out. It is very helpful and informative about sugar sensitivity. Gluten intolerant and sugar sensitive, what else.

I have recieved a request to post some of my paintings here so I think I'll do maybe 3 at a time. So here's the first 3.

View from the top of Mt. Scott,

Photobucket

Cottonwood leaves,

Photobucket

Sunflower (obviously),

Photobucket

4 comments:

Annie said...

No, you can't take Scruffy's meddies!

I'm glad to see your paintings! I've always admired your talent.

Jules said...

SM, You are incredibly talented. Do you realise what a great gift you have? You could sell them if you wanted.

Unknown said...

Schnauzermom, you painted those? Wow, those are beautiful! What talent you have. I love the Mt. Scott one. That looks like a photograph! Do you sell them?

SchnauzerMom said...

No I never tried to sell them. If you could see them up close you'd know why. But I enjoy making them.