Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I just barely made it on Thankful Thursday. We spent the whole day in Oklahoma City. But first what I'm thankful for, the 13 plus years that we had with Scruffy. She was a gift to us that made a difference in our lives. I'm thankful for vacations even though the first part of this one was very bad, it's picking up.

In the City we went to Myriad Gardens in the morning, gorgeous, they had plants from all over the tropics there. We took a bunch of pictures which I'll post a few at a time when I download them. We also went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. The last time I went there was over 20 years ago. The place is huge. Filled with all kinds of history, artifacts, sculpture and gorgeous paintings. I don't think I'll wait 20 years before I go again. Tomorrow we'll probably just hang around the house, maybe do a little housework.

Photo of the day, actually several photos of our trip to the Martha Birdsong Nature Trail and our trip to the Prairie Dog Park yesterday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a hawk that we saw on the Nature Trail.

Photobucket

We got a few really good photos of prarie dogs at the Prairie Dog Park because Scruffy wasn't there to scare them away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jules said...

Lovely photos. I'm intrigued with the prairie dogs. Nothing like that down here! Glad your vacation is picking up some.

Unknown said...

Aww, look how sweet those prairie dogs are. They are so cute. I love prairie dogs. I wish we had them around here.