We had 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl. Josh and I had a lot of fun with the story and the kids had fun too. Over all the class went really well. The attendance was low but then it's summer and people are on vacation. I have a big problem with my other teacher, Nada. I certainly hope we can work this out. She is very sensitive and easily offended and apparently Josh offended. We had a meeting about it and I thought it was worked out. But today I could see that it isn't. As soon as he walked into the room she went on the defensive. I work with 6 year old children and I have a 50+ adult acting like a 6 year old.
We had a short rain shower this morning. The windows were open on our car but it didn't rain enough to cause a problem. Afterwards it got really hot.
Tonight I got to help out in the worship service with the power point presentation. It was a lot of fun. I like to do stuff with computers.
DH is still trying to find his place in Sunday School. He visited one class today and will probably visit another next Sunday. He wants to teach adults.
Photo of the day, I thought the cactus was through blooming but we noticed yesterday that it had several more blooms on it.
3 comments:
I consider myself sensitive but I don't think I take offense at every little thing. Those that do are really difficult to be around as you're forever watching what you say and something totally innocent can be miscontrued. I heard a sermon once where the preacher said that oversensitivity is a sin as it's just a form of selfishness - forever thinking about ourselves and not about others. I've never forgotten that and it's helped me when I've been tempted to get upset over something. And anyway, it's more fun to laugh about things that happen than to get upset about them.
Oh my goodness what beautiful flowers on your cactus! I wish cactus could grow year-round here, but it's too humid and too cold in the winter. Boo...
That can be frustrating when adults act like children! I surely wouldn't want someone to say that about me. It sounds like you are handling it well though.
I have never seen a cactus like that! How beautiful!
Post a Comment