Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pigeons

Well they tried to chase the pigeons out, even raised the net so they could fly but the birds wouldn't do it. Several of them ended up getting killed and there are still a few in there. I'm really looking forward to this place getting closed in, we'll use if for church suppers instead of the gym floor. The gym will go back to being a gym. I'd rather clean up after dinners than birds.

I've been following the Radiant Recovery plan. I can tell the difference when I eat sweets between meals it affects my moods. I'm more likely to get depressed. Now I'm confining sweets to meals and eating more protein with the meals. Evenutally I'll cut way down on sweets but that is supposed to be done slowly. I'm willing to go slow. Some people give up sweets altogether, I don't know if I want to do that or not, we'll see.

Hot today and quite a few clouds floating around but no rain. It's supposed to rain on the 4th. I hope not unless it's just for short periods of time.

Scruffy story, about 10 years ago I was walking her at the university when a man on a bicycle stopped to talk. Apparently he had a dog almost exactly like her that had passed away. He wanted to know if I would sell her to him. I said no way, but we got her from the dog pound and he could check there. I know exactly how he felt and if I were in his position I probably would offer money too. He looked very sad.

Photos of the day, more from the Myriad Gardens. The first one is a waterfall, there were about 5 or 6 waterfalls there.

Photobucket

This is one of two parrots that lived there.

Photobucket

This is a view of one of the paths.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that Scruffy story is remarkable. I would never sell my dog, either, for any amount in the world, and especially not to someone who thinks a dog should be sold like a bike and lose his home and beloved family just because he looks like some other dog. What is this guy doing if his wife dies? Look for another one who looks just like her? And what is he looking for in a dog, anyway? I think that is SO, SO superficial.

April said...

That looks like a double yellow-head parrot like I use to have, named Arthur. He was so smart and had such a funny personality. And he could talk and laugh just like a person.

You guys go to some really pretty places!

Katherine said...

Hi! I am doing the RR program, too and it is saving my life and my sanity. I am on step 3. Do you post on the lists? I have found them invaluable and really helpful to my progress. What step are you on? It sounded like step 3 also. Best of luck to you!