Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday School

We had 4 of the little darlin's. We would have had 5 but one went across the hall. We have 2 first grade Sunday Schools, actually all the grades are divided into 2, 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B and so on. They are divided by birthdays. The birthdays in my class are from September through February. The child that was across the hall had a birthday that fell in that range but she had already got started on a craft or snack or something so they just kept her over there for today. I think we're doing really good holding steady at 4. Like I said before it will pick up when school starts up again in August. Nada is doing well so far. She got over her initial meltdown. I hope there won't be any others. Josh is doing great, his only problem right now is that he got a really bad sunburn on the 4th and now he's suffering. That'll teach him to spend the whole day outside without a hat or sunscreen.

The weather is pretty hot again today and the wind is really picking up out there, cold front maybe? Of course this time of year the cold fronts aren't very cold.

I had sort of a brief relapse last night missing Scruffy. My brother came over to visit and he mentioned how it seemed strange that she wasn't there to greet him. One of these days we'll start interviewing dogs to see who wants to be the official dog of the house.

I have a hankering to work on one of my quilts but that requires getting off the couch and going into another room to the sewing machine. I haven't got quite motivated enough to do that yet.

Photos of the day, these are photos from the Chisholm Trail Museum in Duncan.

The first one is the museum itself.

Photobucket

This second one is of a sculpture of a cattle drive.

Photobucket

A replica of a chuck wagon. I like beans but I don't think I'd want them every single day.

Photobucket

Me reading other people's mail in the general store.

Photobucket

This last photo is from the Cowboy Hall of Fame in OKC.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like such an interesting museum. I love museums. I haven't been to one in a few years. I should take Evie to some. She would love it.