The town east of us, Duncan, had a city wide garage sale, they do this every year and we usually go. We didn't visit very many sales because it was so hot but we did find a few interesting things. We got 4 Disney movies on VHS for $10, I got an earring and necklace set for 50 cents, DH found a couple of shirts. Not a lot but it was fun just to go. We stopped at Sonic and got Java Chillers. Then back home we went to Hobby Lobby and I got some more jewelry findings to make earrings with, also a small needlepoint kit. I have never done needlepoint and wanted to try. It's a picture of a sunflower. I painted a sunflower and did a cross stitch of one. Now I'll do a needlepoint one (hopefully it'll turn out OK). Then I'll hang them all together.
It was a gorgeous day today although very HOT. I thought I was gonna burn up while we were out at the garage sales. It was such a nice trip, the sky was so blue with fluffy white clouds and the countryside was every shade of green. Oklahoma is a very pretty place, at least until late summer when everything starts to dry up and turn brown. Maybe we'll get enough rain to prevent that this year.
Photos of the day, in Duncan there is a park that has a very pretty fountain. I took a few photos of it, here are two of them. The first one is the fountain and pond and the second is a close up of a waterlily.

2 comments:
Oh that sounds like a fun day! I LOVE days just like that one SM!
Sounds like you found some great garage sale deals! It looks like you have so many beautiful places to see where you live. I love all of your scenery and park pictures.
Post a Comment