We went to a Deacon's meeting a while ago and heard about some of the things that will be done with our former "bird sanctuary." It will be a fellowship hall which means a lot of meals will be served there. They want to put carpet down, CARPET!!! Mega sigh. Right now on the gym floor if people spill stuff we can mop it up really easy. Carpet is going to be very difficult to clean. But then no one ever asks us. Fuss, fuss, fuss, gripe, gripe, gripe.
I'm really close to finishing the sweater that I have been knitting for a long time now. The 2nd sleeve is nearly done and then I can start putting it together and knit a neckline. I have enough yarn to make another sweater, just need to decide what style. It doesn't matter if I have 2 the same color, the styles will be different.
My MIL gave us a clock that has a pendulum and chimes on the hour and half hour. The chime is very pretty, it's like it's saying "ding dong." I thought it would wake me up at night but it doesn't. It's in the living room but I can hear it in the bedroom. I really like the sound of it.
Photo of the day, since I started this blog over I guess I'll re-post the photos that I put in the other one. This is me 36 years ago, my high school graduation in Mesa, Arizona, 1972. We lived out on the desert at that time, notice the cactus in the background. My brother has been back not too long ago and said that all that desert is now under houses and shopping centers. What a shame. The desert was very beautiful.
4 comments:
Hard to believe that anyone actually lives in the dessert. Guess I'm used to thinking of the Australian outback where there are places where few things live.
Can't wait to see photos of your sweater. I do that too: plan how to use up left-over wool. Will be sharing some of my recent knitting projects soon on my blog.
Oh, and we've got rain too. Lots and lots of it. Hope it doesn't flood.
I've seen carpet "tiles" that are about 36" squares of carpet that can be picked up and moved around or replaced when they're beyond cleaning. They put them in one of the malls in Tulsa and it's worked out really well. They rotate them so the high traffic areas and low traffic areas get equal wear.
Maybe put a bug in someone's ear about doing something like that?
Carpet tiles is a great idea. I wonder if that's what they're gonna do.
Oooo! It's sure is hot where you are SM!! Today it was 89 here, and that to us is hot! I would live in the AC too if I lived where you lived!
The clock sounds neat!
Post a Comment