Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Humid

Hot and humid today. For a while it looked like it would cloud up and rain but it didn't.

I wish I could find some really good shoes. DH and I bought some shoes from a pharmacy, paid $150 each for them and they are NOT worth the money. They don't feel any better than the shoes that I bought for less than half the price. They say you get what you pay for, well, sometimes that's true and sometimes it's not. I generally just ignore the feet and walk on them rather they hurt or not.

This morning I used the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. OK, nothing to write home about. I decided to go back to CWC. It was the best thing that I did for my hair, keeps it from tangling and drying out. In fact CWC with any product is probably the best thing instead of looking at expensive shampoos. But it is fun to try new things. I think I'll pay myself $20. Normally by now I would have my hair trimmed and it would cost about $20. So, I'm going to give myself $20. DH said it was OK with him. Now what do I want to do with the money? Hmmm.

DH said he's ready to start looking for a dog (actually dogs). It will take a while because of his allergies we're limited to only certain breeds. But at least I have the go ahead now.

The Bible study that I've been doing is based on the book "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby and Claude King. It's a great study and I'm learning or rather re-learning some things. Most of it I already knew but it helps to study it again. The main thing I learned today is that a love relationship with God is more important than any other single factor in my life. So true, so very true. It always amazes me that God seeks us out, that He wants a relationship with us. Exciting and humbling at the same time.

Photo of the day, more kinfolk. My great grandparents on mom's side and some friends of theirs. My kin are on the right.

Photobucket

4 comments:

April said...

Have fun looking for a new dog! I can't wait to see who you get.

Jules said...

SM, I love seeing all the old photos of your family. Very cool!

Mmm, $20. How about a new hair toy? Or some fat quarters or coffee in a flash cafe or a bunch of roses ... ooh I could think of lots of things but where to start?

I have to say, I'm glad you're forgoing a trim. I loved your hair long - I don't think you realise how lovely it is.

SchnauzerMom said...

When I told DH I was going to pay myself $20 he wanted $20 too!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what your new dog is going to be! It will be fun to see new pictures when you get him or her :).

Ooooo, $20 to spend on whatever! That sounds fun! You could get a new hair toy, or some yarn, or some paints for painting your beautiful pictures, or whatever else $20 can buy. What fun!