Friday, July 18, 2008

I Like Fridays

even though we have to work it's a much more relaxed day. None of the staff is there, just one secretary and us. We can get a lot of work done with no distractions.

The choir is giving a party this evening for the worship minister. He had been here 4 years now. He is the best worship leader, choir director, music minister that we have ever had. This is a surprise party, he has no idea what is going on. The pastor is going to come up with some reason as to why he has to go back to the church. I want to get there early enough to see the look on his face.

Hot, hot, hot today. I don't think I'll ride my bike. Yesterday morning would have been a great time because it was so cool but we had to go to the City. Oh well, the weather will cool down eventually.

Two of the flowers that I planted died. My first mistake was buying them from Wal-Mart. I have never had good luck with plants from there. From now on I'm buying from one of the nurseries. They guarantee their plants, Wal-Mart doesn't.

I've started a new Bible study today from a book called Experiencing God. The main thing that I learned from today's lesson is that God doesn't give us a blueprint for our lives. He doesn't tell us everything that will happen or how our lives will turn out. We are supposed to take one step at a time, one day at a time. He's gives us the insight that we need for that day.

Photo of the day, my dad, brother and me at the Grand Canyon. I was only about 4 years old and don't remember a thing about it. We lived in Arizona about 14 years and only went to the Grand Canyon once. DH and I need to try and go see it sometime when we have some extra money, lol.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you at the Grand Canyon. My sister now lives in Nevada, and isn't far from the Grand Canyon. I would love to see it some day. I hear it is breathtaking.

SchnauzerMom said...

Some day I'm going to go back.