Monday, July 7, 2008

Stimulating the Economy

We spent some more of our money from Uncle Sam today. We were off today so we just did a lot of running around. I bought a bicycle, haven't had one in years, it was a lot of fun riding around on it. DH has one and we are going to go riding together.

We rented several movies, watched the first one and in the process of watching the second. The first was great, National Treasure 2, the 2nd is called the Seeker, good so far.

DH's niece is visiting her parents and we will go to see her tomorrow.

Photos of the day, these are photos that we took the last time we went out to Medicine Park. The first one is a metal sculpture that was for sale.

Photobucket

Medicine Park bills itself as a cobblestone community and here is an example.

Photobucket

Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

Another view of Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

A flower groiwng along the creek, I think it resembles an orchid.

Photobucket

I thought this house was very cool.

Photobucket

The Old Plantation, this Inn has been here a long time.

Photobucket

An abandoned house.

Photobucket

We really need to get out and take some more photos.

3 comments:

April said...

Lucky you! I love bike riding, but haven't ridden in years. Mike always thinks I mean motorbike riding (Harley riding to be specific) when I mention it and gets all happy. Nope, I mean using our muscles and all that.

That sculpture is very cool and scary looking at the same time; I'd like to have it in my front yard to guard my house!

SchnauzerMom said...

There are several sculptures, a buffalo, a mountain lion, eagle, giraffe and a Native American sitting playing a flute. I don't know if the same artist made all of them.

Unknown said...

What a fun thing to buy with your stimulus check! Good way to get exercise too. That scorpion sculpture is a bit creepy. I'm not sure who would want to buy that! Lol!