Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's a good thing I looked at Aunt Jo's blog before I came here. I forgot all about Thankful Thursday. I'm thankful for days off, for rain, for the fact that I live in the good ol' USA.

I slept in until 9:00 today. I really wanted to get up earlier so we could go bike riding before it got too hot. We did ride around the neighborhood a little. Got to get the backside used to sitting on a bike seat. We were going to go out to the park and ride but the bike rack that we got was too short to put both bikes on. We took it back to Wal-Mart. We're going to go to the bike shop later and get one there. The park has a trail built especially for bikes although people walk on it too.

It's been over a week since I quit the gluten free diet and I feel just fine, no symptoms at all. Was I healed? No, I never had a problem to begin with. I didn't know that celiac disease or gluten intolerance even existed until I just happened to read about it on the Internet. I didn't have any symptoms until I started reading about them. That's the reason why I don't read about side effects of medications because I almost always start to develop them. (Oh no, my hands have a tingly feeling, my vision is getting blurry, I feel dizzy!) Time to quit diagnosing myself.

Speaking of eating, we went to a restaurant that specializes in Thai, Vietnamese and Cambodian food. I had the buffet so I don't which country I was eating from, probably all three. You can also order from a menu. I may do that next time. I like to try different things. I don't want home cooking in a restaurant, I can get that at home.

We decided to wait a while longer before getting another dog. I was rushing things because I was missing Scruffy so much. I don't want to compare the new dog(s) to Scruffy. They will have their own personalities and it wouldn't be fair to compare. DH told me today that while he is sitting at his computer, sometimes out of the corner of his eye he thinks he sees Scruffy coming into the room and he reaches down to pet her and she's not there.

Photo of the day, I probably posted this in my old blog, but since I deleted that blog this photo is new again. I'm told that it is a Great Blue Heron.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Annie said...

I was late getting up the Thursday sign up. If you still want to put your name on it, please do! It's there now. Sorry!

April said...

I'm still waiting to get a new kitty too, Kathryn - and for the same reason. I want to love it for its own personality and not compare it to Mesa. I just need time in between relationships like that. I'm thinking maybe in another month I'll be ready. You'll know when it feels right for you too.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks! We definitely don't need to rush things.