Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Branching Out

I'm in a rut with hair products. I use Suave all the time and I think I'd like to try some of the new things out there. I think I'll keep an eye out for sample bottles. I don't want to get stuck with a big bottle of something that I don't like.

We're under a heat advisory right now. People need to be very careful outside. On the news today they were talking about how terribly hot playground equipment can get. I remember when I was a kid in Arizona the metal slides would get hot enough to burn your buns. A lot of playground equipment is plastic now but I think it still gets pretty hot.

I worked on my needlepoint picture last night. It was interesting but I don't think needlepoint is something that I want to really get involved in. I've got enough things going on.

The front tire of my bicycle is flatter than a pancake. I don't know why I only rode it a few times. Dh is going to check it tomorrow. It's been to hot to ride lately but it's gonna cool off eventually and I'll want to ride.

I've been keeping an eye on some prospective dogs at a no kill shelter not to far away from us. It's the Pets and People Humane Society in Yukon, Oklahoma. We went up there a few years ago trying to find a companion for Scruffy. Unfortunately Scruffy didn't want a companion. Tomorrow it will be a month since Scruffy passed away. I think I'd like to get another dog now but I'm not sure that DH is ready. I always thought Scruffy was pretty much my dog. But he really misses her a lot.

Tomorrow is our day off. I think I'll spend some more of my birthday money. I think we'll eat out at Applebee's. We've never been there. Tomorrow evening we're going over to my mother's home to have cake and ice cream. We decided celebrating tomorrow would be better than Saturday.

Photo of the day, this is my FIL and his dog, Daisy. She a mixture of pekingese and something else, I'm not sure what.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Daisy said...

SM .. I use suave a lot too. I rotate it with an Aussie shampoo/conditoner that I can get here in Canada too. I want to wish you a wonderful birthday! Have a nice time celebrating at Applebee's! Your FIL's Daisy is cute! ;O)

Saska said...

I like Suave stuff..it's simple and not a lot of fruity-smells.

Yes, it is hot and I don't think Dolly is going to give us much relief like they first said. We have some crops that are going to burn up if it doesn't rain.

SchnauzerMom said...

I really like Suave products but I do like to try new things too. So I got a few samples to try.

Unknown said...

I like to switch my products around a lot. I get bored easily :). I hope you find something you really like.

Aww, what a sweet looking dog. She looks like she is a great dog. Any luck on the dog search?

I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!