Saturday, July 5, 2008

Clean Up Day

Today (this morning actually) was the clean up time or maybe actually the tear down time after yesterday's celebration. It was a great success, several thousand people were there. DH and I were there from noon until about 6:30. I really needed to go home by that time all the heat and my allergies were more than I could stand. So we missed the fireworks show, I hope it was a good one. I heard a couple of days ago that the people who were going to do the fireworks cancelled out at the last minute and they had to get someone to take their place. I didn't get a lot of photos because I was trying to stay in the shade as much as possible but here are the ones that I did get.

This is the stage where the preacher and the music were.

Photobucket

Lots of people were setting up tents, preparing to spend the whole day.

Photobucket

There were several food vendors there.

Photobucket

This is a little fountain that is a permanant part of the park. Later in the day it was full of kids splashing around.

Photobucket

There were thunderstorms building up in the East, didn't come our way.

Photobucket

There were several inflateables for kids to play on.

Photobucket

A car show, there were also motorcyles but I didn't get a photo of them.

Photobucket

Skydivers.

Photobucket

Most of the photos were taken early in the day so the crowds were light. By the time we left it was getting really crowded.

Today DH and I went out to spend some of the money we got for our beloved Uncle Sam. DH got a wireless mouse for his computer and we bought a camcorder. DH is learning how to edit photos and now he's going to learn how to edit videos. My turn now, what do I want? Yesterday I saw the cutest schnauzer puppy I wanted to kidnap him. They had schnauzer puppies for sale in the paper for $200 to $300. But then I would like to rescue a dog. The only problem with that is finding one that DH isn't allergic too. We also want 2 so they can keep each other company while we're away at work. That would be $600, whew. I think I'll keep looking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like such a fun celebration! Lots to see and do!

I hope you and your hubby will be able to find a new puppy. Are you only interested in schnauzers? My mom has allergies, and found several breeds that work well for her.

SchnauzerMom said...

I love schnauzers, the way they look and their attitude. But I also love chihuahuas and DH wants a chihuahua this time.