Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain

Last night there was severe weather West of us and we were under a severe thunderstorm warning for a while but it pooped out before it got to us. We got a little wind and a little rain. This morning at about 6:00 we started getting rain again, a nice little thunderstorm, rumbled a little and rained a lot, it was great. My flowerbed will be good for several days now.

I'm not sure why but sometimes it's really hard for me to know what God's will is for me. I think my emotions get in the way. I want to have a place of service for Him, to do something for Him. I went back to the Children's Division in Sunday School thinking that was the place where I belong. But, I'm so uncomfortable there, there is no peace at all. If you're in God's will you're supposed to have a peace about it and I didn't. I was stressed out every week. Sure, I enjoyed working with the kids but I was still disturbed about something. So today I resigned from the First Grade. I'm going back to the adults, read His Word, pray and just wait on Him. I tend to rush things, maybe there is some growing spiritually that I need to do.

I got chewed out by the wicked witch of the west today. She goes to my church by the way. She's on the staff, which is sad. She doesn't like my DH and me, never has. She seems to think that we're lazy and incompetent in our jobs. Fortunately she has no authority over us and can't get us fired. It is irritating to be continuously criticized by someone though. DH says to just ignore her. It's hard though because I tend to take things personally. Sigh.

Photo of the day, my brother and me in our backyard not long after we moved out to Arizona. I think I'm about 4 years old here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It is hard to listen and go where God wants us to be. For some reason we think we know better. Silly humans.

SchnauzerMom said...

Dh found some Bible studies online that Charles Stanley wrote about learning to listen to God. I've started on them.