Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I actually remembered! I'm more thankful for DH than ever. We went to visit my mom today, I love her, I really do but I'm sooooo glad I don't live with her. She would drive me crazy. She lives with my brother and is very controlling of him. I'm thankful that he is taking care of her though.

We didn't go to Applebee's for lunch, I think we'll wait and do that on Saturday. We ate out for lunch yesterday and wanted to eat at home today. I made a pizza with a whole wheat crust, good stuff. All I had was wheat flour and I think I'll get some white flour to mix with the wheat. Wheat by itself tends to be kind of heavy. Adding white makes things lighter and rise better.

Today it's been a month since we lost Scruffy. My mother thinks I'm crazy to be mourning a dog, just a dog after all. But then she criticized by grandmother for mourning her husband. He wasn't my mother's father, her father died when she was a little girl. He was my grandmother's 3rd husband but my grandmother loved him and mourned him when he died.

It wasn't as hot today. We went out and spent the last of my birthday money, mostly at Wal-Mart. I bought some material to make the borders on some quilt blocks, another pair of earrings, a couple of drink coasters, the kind that's made out of stone that absorbs liquid, they have eagles on them. Also, I bought DH some CD's so he can save photos on them. I also got some samples of shampoo and conditioners to try out. Then we went to Sonic and got Java Chillers, then on to Hobby Lobby. They had Simplicity patterns on sale for $1.99 so a got a few. I've decided to start making some of my own clothes again. I kept putting it off thinking that I would lose some weight first. But I've been at this weight for several years, besides the clothes can be altered if by some miracle I do lose some weight.

Photo of the day, Scruffy and me taken a couple of years ago.

Photobucket

3 comments:

April said...

I've been thinking about making pizza lately too, so now you've inspired me. And I agree - pure whole wheat does make a heavy crust. I might do the half and half too.

I made a comment yesterday, but it didn't go through for some reason. I wanted to say that I would rather get a rescue dog too - who needs me way more than an expensive fancy dog would (not that it's the fancy dog's fault).

$1.99 patterns? That's great! Be sure to show us what you make. All the sewing I see inspires me. As does the cooking and painting and and and... :)

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks! I just feel for the rescue dogs, they've been rejected and I want to take them all in. Can't do that of course. I've always felt a concern for the underdog (animals and human).

Unknown said...

You are quite the talented lady there Kathryn :). You are always making something beautiful or cooking something yummy! Your pizza sounded so good. I wish I could find a good gluten free pizza crust that I could make. So far I haven't found one.

I love the picture of you and Scruffy. You have every right to mourn his loss. He was a vital part of your family for many years.