We're going to take my bike tire to the bike shop and see if they'll fix it. But I have to wait until the pound cake that I remade comes out of the oven. I made one the other day and only had wheat flour so that's what I used. It came out really sticky and yucky. So, earlier today I bought some white flour and did it over. It looks a lot better, I think it will turn out OK. I need to quit substituting things in recipes. I almost always end up throwing things away because they turn out bad. Taking short cuts usually doesn't work out for me. I like to cook but I'm not a really good cook. I can cook good enough to keep from going hungry anyway.
Tried out the Pantene shampoo and conditioner today. It's OK, not something that I would buy a big bottle of though.
I need a new mixer, the one I have has two speeds, slow and slower. I could have bought one with the money Uncle Sam gave us but I bought other stuff instead. I was planning on using this one until it quits altogether. That's probably what I'll do, use this one until it dies and then get a new one. I guess I'm not a good consumer. You're supposed to buy the latest whatever as soon as it comes out. But, I like to wear things out, to get my money's worth out of things. My sewing machine is over 20 years old and DH thinks I should get a new one. But, I love the old one and I'm going to use it until it croaks. Then I'll get a new one.
Bought a new purse the other day and now I can't find anything in it. Have to get used to it.
Photo of the day, another family photo taken in the 1930's. This is from my mom's side, she's in it along with Aunt Helen, Uncle Bud and Uncle Donald. They are all little children here.
4 comments:
Hehe. I got a new purse for Mothers Day and I still can't find things in it. I'm always opening the wrong section.
I found Pantene shampoo to be one of the harshest I ever used but I liked their conditioner (just found I had to alternate it with others to avoid build up) until I gave up cones.
Sadly, there are many people out there who fall for those lottery scams. It must be the time of year for them, because I got such a letter a few days ago!
Would you believe I'm looking at 50 year old sewing machines on Ebay? I found one that's just like the one my mom had that I learned to sew on. I've had a few new ones since I've "grown up," but none have ever done as good a job as Mom's did! Hang on to that old machine - they don't make 'em like they use
I heard the odds of winning the lottery are the same odds as a person becoming an duke or duchess. Sounds like such a reachable goal doesn't it? Sure, can't you just see me now? Duchess Jen? Lol! I keep getting these emails saying that this person on their deathbed wants to give me their millions. So nice of them huh? Yet they want my bank account numbers. Do they think I am that insane? I'm sure there are people that fall for it all the time though. Sad, but true.
I hope the shampoos work well for you. I hope you had a wonderful birthday on Saturday too!!
Hey I forgot, some man that I never met left a fortune to me too! But I'm a very humble person and don't want to live the wealthy life. lol
Post a Comment