Friday, July 25, 2008

Applebee's

We went there today after work. I know it's Friday but we thought if we got there early it wouldn't be so crowded and it wasn't. It was filling up by the time we left though. We have never been there before and we both enjoyed it. It's on our list of places that we will return too.

I bought 4 different sample bottles of shampoo and conditioner the other day. Dove Go Fresh Therapy, Garnier Fructis, Pantene Pro-v and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I used the Dove yesterday and my hair doesn't feel as dry and it smelled really good. I think I'll try the Pantene next time. It's fun trying new things.

It was hot today and very humid. I was driving the car with the AC turned off and it reminded me of times when I was a kid in Arizona. We had to wait in the car many times while my dad was doing something and it was broiling hot. We had all the windows and doors open. The only way to endure it was to sit really still and pray for a breeze. A breeze would hit the sweat on your skin and cool you off. I don't think heat bothers kids as much as it does adults though.

Photo of the day, on my old blog I had a bunch of family photos. Since that blog no longer exists I'll re-post the photos here. This is my grandfather (my mother's dad). I never knew him he died when my mom was a girl. My grandmother was left with 4 kids to raise during the Great Depression, very hard times indeed! His name was Bill Bernard and they all lived in Oklahoma but during the Depression they moved to eastern New Mexico.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jules said...

Oh I can remember sitting in a hot car while mum and/or dad went off and did errands. It would get so hot and my sister and I would get cranky and start fighting. Nowadays you're not allowed to leave kids in the car unattended but those days everyone did it and no one worried.

Annie said...

I love Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad. I get it every time and I'm never disappointed.

I once had a car with no a/c and it never seemed to bother me. Every summer I swear that I'm going to drive with the windows down, but I think I'm too spoiled, too fat, or too old, or all three!

SchnauzerMom said...

My dad would have been arrested today! I drive with the windows down until I can't stand it anymore and then I turn the AC on.