I finished the back of my multi colored sweater and am now starting on the front. I also got the needlepoint kit out and I'm separating the yarn colors. It looks like it'll be pretty easy. I may even get ambitious and make a quilt block or two later. What I really need to do it housework but, I think I'll put that off.
Last night DH and I were talking about how we miss Scruffy. She used to jump up on the couch and just stare at DH until he would pet her. He misses that.
My birthday is this Saturday, July 26. I'll be 54 years old, whew! Never thought I'd make it this far. But then I didn't think much about getting older. I was always the youngest in every group of people that I was in. Now I'm one of the oldest. Sigh. One consolation, every day that passes brings me closer to heaven and being with the Lord. I'm in no hurry to rush things but it is a comfort to me. I feel sorry for people who don't believe in the Lord and who think this life is all there is. That would be depressing.
Photo of the day, this puppy belongs to our niece. He's a Westie and she paid a fortune for him. She also has another Westie, a female about 5 years old. He's cute but I'd rather rescue a dog than pay $800 for one. For that price it had better NEVER get sick and live as long as I do.
2 comments:
How sweet is that puppy! My Yorkie has been a money pit from the day we brought him home.
Early Happy Birthday!
Wow, that's hot!! It has been unseasonably cool here. Normally this time of year it is in the high 90's. It has been in the low 70's! I love it :).
I don't know how people even make it through life without the Lord. The hopelessness they must feel. God gives me so much strength each day, and I am so thankful that He never leaves us. Plus, like you said, we have a hope that once this life is done we can spend eternity with Him in Heaven. What an awesome blessing. It doesn't get any better than that.
That is such an adorable puppy. Expensive, but adorable :).
Post a Comment