Monday, July 14, 2008

Tired

again. I think the heat and humidity have a lot to do with why I'm so tired today. I didn't work any harder than usual but it was seriously humid today. Too hot to go bike riding, wah.

Well the Children's Division director is pretty put out with me because I resigned. But it's not like I left her short handed. The class averaged 4 kids and we had 3 adults. Now it's down to 2 adults and I really think they can handle it. I'm relieved, the stress is gone now.

I'm through with the sweater that I was knitting. The only thing I need to do is sew it together. I need to look through my books and pick out the next project. I think I'll make something multi-colored because I have 3 or 4 colors left over from other things.

Thursday DH has an appointment with a doctor at the VA hospital in OKC. We'll just spend the day up there and celebrate my birthday early. I think we'll visit Crossroads Mall while we're there.

There is a guy in our church who crochets tote bags from Wal-Mart bags. He does a great job. I think he must dye the plastic because the bag he made for me is an American flag design and Wal-Mart doesn't make their bags in red and blue. He gives all the money he makes to the church building fund. I'll take a picture of it later. I'm getting behind on things that I need to take pictures of.

Speaking of pictures, the photo of the day, another oldie but goodie. This me near the beginning, squinting in the sun. We were living in New Mexico at this time. I was born in Clovis, New Mexico. Clovis is only a few miles from the Texas border.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, look at how adorable you were as a baby! Such a sweet picture. I hope you post a picture of your sweater. I would love to see it. I would love to learn how to knit a sweater. So far I have only done scarves and a purse.

Aunt Jo said...

Small world!

We moved here from Portales, NM, 18 miles from Clovis. I grew up in Muleshoe, TX, 30 or so miles.

My mom was born in Clovis too.