Well we got all the work done (at the church) and we're both plumb wore out. Looking forward to the day off tomorrow.
We went to visit my in-laws last night. DH's niece was there. She lives in Arkansas and we only see her once in a while. They had a total of 4 dogs there. 2 belonging to FIL and 2 belonging to niece. DH is now talking about getting another dog. I think we're getting to the point where we are ready to start interviewing. I found 2 likely candidates at the Pets and People Humane Society in Yukon. Our local dog pound doesn't have anything that DH would not be allergic too. We used to have a couple of rescue groups here but the city passed an ordinance that pretty much put them out of business. Sometimes I wonder about our city leaders. They seem to be very anti-animal.
Photos of the day, these are the last of my paintings. I need to get on the ball and paint some more. The first one is Medicine Creek at Medicine Park.

This is Mt. Scott and Lawtonka lake.

This is a view looking west from the top of Mt. Scott.

I did this painting from a photo that DH took when he was in Alaska.
4 comments:
SM, you are one talented lady! I would love to be able to paint scenes but just don't have your gift. I would love to see some of your paintings reproduced in fabric but alas I'm not the one to do that.
It takes time before you're ready for another dog. But when you find the right one, you'll know.
Hi Kathryn, I have a link that might interest you. There are all sorts of information on how to get rid of allergies and also about dog allergy and what breeds are best to choose and so on:
http://www.allergyescape.com/allergy-cure.html
I think it's a good idea to get another dog. We dogpeople just can't live without them, can we? And I think Scruffy would aprove of you giving some other poor creature a good home in her name. It doesn't mean that Scruffy won't always be in your hearts. After all, if we could, we would have them all at the same time, wouldn't we?
We didn't get much rain at all, but it sure was muggy.
I like your interview idea.
More of those gorgeous paintings. I envy your talent.
DH and I decided to wait a while longer before getting another dog. The loss of Scruffy is still to recent.
Post a Comment