Today we went to OKC to the VA hospital for a hearing test for DH. He does have some hearing loss but not enough to require hearing aids. I'm thankful for that. While we were in the City we went to the Memorial of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building that happened in 1995. Got some great photos. The first photo is at the entrance to a museum there. The museum is housed in a building that was on the north side of the Murrah building. It was damaged in the blast.

We didn't go into the museum because it cost $10 each and we didn't have enough time to really see everything. We'll do that later. In this photo each one of the chairs represents a person who died in the blast.

Here is another view of the chairs reflected in the pool.

This is a wall relected in the pool.

Another view of the wall.

This is what is left of one of the building's walls.

This church across the street was damaged in the blast. Of course it's all repaired now since this happened about 13 years ago now.

We ate lunch at a great restaurant called the Spaghetti Factory. I loved the decorations in it. They had a replica of a trolly car in the building and we ate lunch in that.
After the appointment at the VA hospital we went to CrossRoads Mall. That mall is really going downhill. Several stores are empty and all but one restaurant are gone. There's just a couple fast food places. It's a big mall with 2 levels but a couple of the wings were so empty. It's sad because it was a beautiful mall at one time. Not sure what is happening. I read somewhere one time that malls are going "out of style." We left the mall right during the rush hour but we survived it!
3 comments:
Good hubbys are hard to find. We're both blessed.
I've been to the memorial a couple of times and it really moves me. I really have to watch myself or I'll start crying. :(
That is so wonderful that you have such a great hubby. I feel very blessed in that way as well.
Wow, that memorial would be so moving to see. I can't believe it has been so long since the bombing. It is so sad to see all those chairs representing the people who died.
Next time we'll go in and see the museum too.
Post a Comment