An older couple who had no children passed away a while back within a few days of each other. They left everything they owned to the church. Today the church is having an estate sale and the money will go into the building fund. It's amazing the stuff this couple had. Several sets of dishes, several sets of pots and pans, tons of bedding, clothes, tools, a lot of duplicates of stuff. It reminded me of DH's parents' home. They have at least one of everything. I bought a mixer with all kinds of attachments, it's a food processor as well as a mixer. We plugged it in on site and the motor worked find. But when I got it home I found out a part was broken and it can't be used. I have a friend who can fix almost anything. I'll see if he can fix it, if not, just call it a donation to the building fund.
I made an orange cake a while ago, turned out great. I made it with cake flour, I usually just use regular flour. We only have one enchilada left, they were good stuff too. When I get done here I need to make something else to eat.
We went out to the Refuge and Medicine Park to take pictures. The best way to learn photography is to just take lots of pictures. We ate lunch at Meers, had one of their "world famous" Meers Burgers. Good stuff!
Photo of the day, more kinfolk. My great grandparents, my grandmother and her brother and sisters.
4 comments:
ooo, that orange cake sounds delicious! You'll have to take some pic's of your home cookin some day SM!
Meers Burgers...mmmmmmmm...so good!
We had a meeting a few weeks ago at the refuge. It was one of those few days where it was overcast and spitting rain. It was still a nice day. (at Boulder Cabin)
The cake tasted much better than it looked. It kinda fell apart. I've lived in Okieland since 1979 and have only eaten at Meers 4 times. Good stuff though.
SM, I love the old pictures that you post. They are like stepping back into time. They are so interesting.
I'm sorry your cake didn't turn out as well as you liked. I bet it tasted good though :).
Post a Comment