Friday, August 1, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

What do dogs have to do with it? They don't make it hot. It was really humid today. But no rain. I had to water the few plants that aren't cactus that still survive in my flowerbed. We don't water the lawn, it's on it's own.

We've been eating out quite a bit since I gave up being gluten free. Just because we could. But it's time to cut it back to once a week, to expensive. Since we're off on Thursdays that's going to be our date day. We'll eat out at noon on Thursdays (cheaper) and maybe go to an afternoon movie (cheaper). There's 3 movies that I want to see, the Indiana Jones one, the new Mummy one and one called Journey to the Center of the Earth. This seems to be a pretty good year for movies. Sometimes there's just nothing to go see but this year there's several things.

I washed my hair with Suave shampoo today and it feels dry even though I used a shampoo for dry hair that should have been moisturizing. I did CWC but it is still kinda dry. So maybe I'll convert to one of the other shampoos that I have been trying out. I really like the Dove one. We'll see.

I've really been in the mood to cook lately, try new things. I've got several cookbooks. Most recipes make large amounts so I'm going to cut them in half if necessary. I could freeze the extra but you still have to eat it pretty soon or it gets freezer-burn. I'm going to make chicken pot pie next. DH wants a banana split cake, I remember seeing a recipe for that somewhere, need to see if I can find it.

Photos of the day. I took these photos yesterday at Medicine Park. Close up of a waterfall on Medicine Creek.

Photobucket

Long distance shot of the same waterfall.

Photobucket

Duck on edge of waterfall.

Photobucket

Pretty bridge on the creek, it doesn't cross the whole creek, it just goes to a little man-made island.

Photobucket

A view of the creek itself.

Photobucket

Close up of the water, it looks like an abstract painting.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Saska said...

Pretty pictures. I'd like to be setting in that water cooling off!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks, I had fun taking them. It would be nice to go wading in a cool pond.

Annie said...

I could watch water all day long.

If you have AMC theatres in your town, you might check out moviewatcher.com. Seems like when we go to a Wednesday matinee, we get a free popcorn coupon.

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! The water looks so peaceful, and inviting.

I really want to see the Mummy movie and Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Jeff said he saw the Indiana Jones movie and hated it, so I'm not really interested in it. I have seen both Mummy movies in the theater and loved them.

Daisy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the waterfalls especially!