We went bike riding yesterday at sundown, it was 100 instead of 105 at that time. We went about 4 miles, not very far but when you're out of shape that's doing good. About 1/2 mile south of us is countryside. It was so pretty, the grass, rolling country, trees. One of the nice things about riding a bike is you can see and hear things that you can't experience speeding by in a car. We heard something rustling in the grass, my first thought was "skunk" but it wasn't, actually I don't know what it was it didn't show itself. We rode through a couple of new housing editions, big fancy houses. Who can afford those things? People must be in debt up to their eyeballs. I like our little mobile home, very affordable. I don't want to have to work two jobs to make payments. I'm learning to use all the gears on the bike, uphill, downhill and straight. Can definitely feel it in the leg muscles. We were all hot and sweaty when we got home but it was a lot of fun.
Washed my hair with the Dove shampoo, it definitely doesn't dry my hair out like the Suave.
There was a little dog hanging around the church today. We tried to catch him but he was too skittish. I think he probably lived in the neighborhood and just got through the fence. I hope he made it home alright. He looked like a chihuahua mix. I have a friend who is a dog groomer and she occasionally gets dogs that need new homes. We need to ask her to keep an eye out for us.
Photo of the day, more Okies. The girl on the left is my mom, she's 81 years old now. The boy next to her is Uncle Donald, he passed away a couple years ago, he would have been about 78 now. The next girl is Aunt Helen, she is 82 and the last boy is Uncle Bud who is 80 years old now.
3 comments:
We donated our bikes to Goodwill last year. Our county road is like a super highway to some of the city slickers who've moved out here and it's not safe to ride. I miss riding, though. If we ever move to a more bike friendly place, we'll certainly get bikes again.
It was nasty hot today, huh? We're expected to hit 108 tomorrow. Bla.
Your bike ride sounded like a lot of fun, but I don't think I could stand the heat! You're probably in better shape than you think to be able to bike in near 100 degree weather! :)
I have a stationary bike indoors, I think I'll ride that for a while.
Post a Comment