Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Rain

It rained all night but it stopped early this morning and has just sprinkled off and on all day. So nice and cool. Unfortunately I ache all over I guess it's caused by the unsettled weather. We have a giant L on top of us. It's supposed to move out in a couple of days.

The banquet was a success last night. They had about 300 people there, less than signed up but more than I thought would come because of the rain. I thought we would have to clear the floor this morning but about 40 volunteers did it last night. All we had to do was help load the rented tables and chairs onto the trailer so that the people we rented them from could take them back.

Now two more big things coming up this week and we can rest for a short while until the next planned event. There's always something going on.

Photo of the day, my dad with a couple of his army buddies, during WWII over in Europe somewhere. My dad's the one in the middle.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Daisy said...

It sounds like you have been very, very busy SM! I'm glad you got some rain, but I'm sorry to hear you ache! :o( It's cool here at this moment, I think it's 65 degrees. I sat outside with my husband in my jean jacket. Fall is just around the corner!
Those are neat photos of your father!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that the weather brought some aches! That isn't too fun. I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad that the banquet turned out so well. I'm sure you are ready for some much needed rest!

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm off all day tomorrow so I'll sleep in and get some rest!