I heard on the news today that we got up to 108 yesterday, whew! I didn't pay attention to what the temp was today, 100+ I'm sure. Not a cloud in the sky. There is a possible hurricane down in the gulf though, maybe some of that will come up our way.
I joined the church choir yesterday. I've been a choir member off and on for several years. It's been a few years since I was in it. Fortunately you don't have to be a good singer to be in choir, you just have to blend in with the others and I can do that. Now a soloist should be a good singer but I have no desire to sing solo. Well, you could say "so low you can't hear me." lol When I'm in the choir I feel like I'm singing to the Lord, just me and Him. It's a worship experience for me.
I need to ride the stationary bike to get my legs in shape. It's way too hot to go outside.
I guess I'm going to have to give up soft drinks, they definitely upset my innards. I knew Coke Classic did because of the high fructose corn syrup but the diet versions aren't much better. I guess carbonated water is an IBS trigger for me. Well, they're too expensive anyway. Water, tea, Crystal Light (I haven't had that in years, the raspberry flavor was good).
Photo of the day, my mom is the smaller girl and Aunt Helen is the bigger one.
3 comments:
When I play the piano it's my 'sacrifice of praise' unto the Lord so I understand about singing in the choir being a worship experience.
I love it on my days off when I can put my praise music on and just fill the house with worship. The Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His people. Cool, eh!
I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano, maybe someday I will.
I'm glad that you are figuring out what it working for your stomach issues. I read your latest post, and it said you figured out the upset was from the carbonated drinks. I have trouble with those too.
That is great that you joined the choir! It sounds like it would be a lot of fun :).
Post a Comment