Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I almost forgot about Thankful Thursday. Today I'm thankful for medical care for DH's toe. He got his shoe today. I've seen people wearing this type of shoe before. It's a sandal with Velcro and it fits either the right or left foot. It has helped while we were walking around in Walmart today.

We spent some of the money that we got yesterday. I bought some material to make the border for one of the quilts that I'm working on, also some more quilt batting. Then we ate lunch at Olive Garden. We got there at 11:00 when they opened and the place filled up rapidly. It's been several years since we've been to an Olive Garden and that one was at Wichita Falls. This one was built just a few months ago. We split lasagna and an appetizer. I didn't realize that salad and bread sticks were included or we would have done without the appetiser. We had enough left over for another meal. I love the way the place was decorated and the food was excellent. It's on my list of repeats.

I think I need to move my sewing machine into the living room. Then I could sew and watch TV at the same time. Would get more done that way, I think.

Photo of the day, my dad's basketball team. He really loved basketball. My brother was never interested in sports and think he was a disappointment to my dad. But hey, we each have our own things that we are interested in. My brother is a gifted woodcarver. I need to take some photos of his work.

Photobucket

No comments: